Friday, January 11, 2019

Relapse

‘You spent along time in the bathroom’ 
Said mum
‘I’m not feeling too good, my tummy hurts a lot and my hands feel numb’
I cast my eyes downward as I know it’s self inflicted 
I swear I am okay, and hope my mum will be uplifted. 

I’m doing okay I promise 
I need abit more space 
To prove to myself I can do this 
With not too much hast. 

I push them away again, I push everyone out
No one can know the cliff I have fallen off of, they can’t even doubt. 

‘You’ve been out a lot today fi, are you okay
I feel like I’ve barely seen you recently
Is there anything you want to say?’ 

No mum I promise, dad I am fine
A stab presses my stomach, for me lying is a crime. 
My therapist, dietician and psychiatrist 
Social workers and more
They know something doesn’t add up
But my deceit wins the war. 

I’m wrapped up in layers on layers 
Shaking by the fire 
Nothing will warm this empty house I live in
This so called body, draped in attire. 

I’m okay, I promise I’m managing on the whole
I have my blips and bad days but I’m not poorly anymore. 

My bedroom has become darker, the drawers are locked with secrets 
My pencil sharpeners aren’t one anymore
And the pills are my weakness. 

My journal entities are shorter 
The same few words over and recall
Of tiredness, emptiness and hopelessness
Of how I just cannot do it anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment