Tuesday, March 1, 2022

This is hard

 You’re a smart girl

They say

With pity and frustration in their voices 

Though they darent mention the words themselves 

They’re exhausted of me being sick, thinking these are my choices.  

I’m a smart girl who loves logic and rational 

So calm, contained and analytical 

So this irrational illness… how can I even begin to explain? 

How I end up doing things so strange, erratic and illogical. 


Because I’m a puppet on strings to a tyrant inside my head 

That teases me and taunts me

Confusing me and exhausting me, merely by pulling on thread. 


Because it makes all the irrational things that it tells me

Feel so real and true

Have you ever been told to completely not trust yourself? 

To be told to not trust what you think and do. 


The voice isn’t just confusing though

It’s also loud and angry 

It’s menacing and threatening and 

I can’t help but cower away, and strive to keep peace which means doing only one thing

To obey. 



Because to me, these things do make sense 

The reasons behind every move that I make

Is narrated by this voice in my mind

That convinced me it’s the right thing to do, 

And so I obey it commands in hoping I’ll find 

Some peace, some calm, a resolution

Yet I’m left at the end of each and everyday

Feeling so exhausted, lost and confused 

Further and further away from my true self

As this illness steals me of my soul. 

And I wander, I think and consider 

If I should concede 

I don’t think I have the strength to go on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment