Thursday, February 17, 2022

Sickness is so easy to hide

 Sickness is so easy to hide

With make up and layered clothing

And styling your hair down low

To hide the clumps that are falling


Pink lipstick to conceal

The purple tinge to your face

And a splash of bronzer to cover up 

Your skin looking so grey. 


Three pairs of leggings and

A smile to smooth the lines

No one will see behind

The masterpiece, the disguise. 


It’s easy to fool others

To put on a show

Keeping yourself busy, 

Too busy for anyone to know 


But each night I collapse into bed

Exhausted from the anxiety of the day 

Of what I did and didn’t do

Wondering how life fell into such disarray. 


I don’t want to pretend anymore 

But I don’t want people to see 

I am so tired of this existence 

I am so far from me, from fi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment