Thursday, September 2, 2021

Anorexia... it's not a choice

 To the people that think anorexia is a choice

Oh I wish you were right. 

I wish I could simply dip in and out of this beast however I pleased 

I wish I could live life without a doubt. 


There is no choice to this pain, 

No ache for the suffering it induces. 

Little understanding of why it chose me, or why it won’t let go

And all you think is it’s my choice, my lies or excuses. 


The pain of anorexia is far from a choice. 


Do you know what it’s like to be unable to let yourself stop? 

To stop and rest, breath and feel okay?

To attempt to sit down for a measly hour

And be consumed by anxiety more exhausting than being active, and still feel the eating disorders dismay?


Do you know what it’s like to see people around you

Eating food without a second thought. 

The jealously erupting inside of me, crying

Why cannot I just simply eat like that

Why can I not block the voice, 

Why can’t I just EAT

Why can’t I just rest

Why why why can’t I just be well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment