Thursday, May 23, 2019

Thankyou

To the people who have come,
To the people who have stayed
 To the people who have held my hand
When I became so afraid. 

For the letters in the post
And texts to keep me in the loop
For the hours of phone calls when I felt so alone
And endless tags on Facebook. 

To every last person who saw me beneath the illness that tried to take me
For being there; remaining strong, for always offering me a shoulder to cry on

Thankyou for carrying me when I felt so tired
For holding me up when my strength had expired 
Thankyou for believing in me when hope dwindled through
Thankyou for being my sunshine when the future felt so blue. 

Everyday I grow stronger, 
Everyday I learn 
And I know I still have a road to travel, 
But I’ll get there in turn. 

And to the people that doubted me,
That gave up on me quick
You give me more drive, strength, determination
To prove you wrong, because I’ll make it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment